Careers at IFAB
Food Lovers Wanted!
Beyond just the taste, you love how food allows you to learn about new countries and cultures, the way it brings people together, and the fun it is to take a few ingredients and create something beautiful.
If this sounds like you, you would be a great fit for our team.
Who We Are
We are a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to keeping the world well fed. Specializing in the design of food and beverage plants, our group consists of engineers, process specialists, project managers, field coordinators, interior designers, technicians, and administrators. We are more than just a consulting firm – we bring new culinary ideas to life, from the food factory to the aisles of your local store.
Building Our Team
Building a strong team is a vital component to a successful project. At IFAB, we put a lot of rigour into hiring so that we can ensure new team members will provide our clients with the exceptional quality of services for which we’re known. In return, we offer continued career development, competitive compensation, a flexible work environment, and snacks — after all, “We Work for Food”!
Our team benefits from:
- Continuous career development and education on the latest industry innovations
- Working with experienced leaders in food industry operations
- A dynamic and engaged workplace where we genuinely like working together
- Using state-of-the-art building design software
- Collaborating with an extensive global network
- A commitment to long-term growth
- Competitive compensation, including profit sharing
- A flexible work environment
- Fun team events throughout the year
- Food making lessons — Sauerkraut lessons, Beer making, Oyster shucking!
With our partnership with Dennis Group, we now have two office locations in Canada – one in Cambridge and one in Toronto – so you can select the one that works for you.
Skills We Seek
We believe that work should be an engaging, collaborative experience that leaves our employees with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
We look for:
- Smart designers who can think on their feet and solve problems independently.
- People with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Engineers, technicians, and technologists (chemical, industrial, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical) who enjoy a fast paced industry and seeing their ideas take shape.
- Project managers who understand construction contracts and site management.
- People who are hungry for their next challenge.