Blending Your Experience with Our Expertise
Your team understands your products and processes, while we understand how to build the buildings you need. Some clients prefer to participate as project team members, while others concentrate on running their business.
Prefer for us to take the reins? — no problem. The choice is yours.
Purpose First Engineering
We start by understanding your operations and processes to develop the best design that accounts for throughput. We determine the ‘right-size’ of your building and infrastructure by considering your requirements. This approach minimizes your costs — concentrating your investments where you reap rewards.
Your Strategic Partners
As your partners in the project, you will benefit from IFAB’s expertise in:
- Strategic growth planning and preliminary concept design to allow for realistic capital pricing, complete with a long term Master Facility Plan.
- Detailed coordination with equipment suppliers to allow for the “right size” of building.
- Process flow efficiency evaluations for manufacturing and supply chain optimization.
- Thinking through problem solving – including reaching out to our extended network of experts around the world – to find reasonable and value added solutions.
- Evaluation of existing buildings being contemplated for renovation to a particular type of food processing.
We look after this, so you can focus where you are needed.
Master Facility Planning
How do you make sure that every step you take now does not become an obstacle during your next expansion?
- Eliminate duplication of spending.
- Maximize overall value.
- Eliminate redundancies.
- Estimate the “right size” of your operation.
Collaboration vs Cooperation
Traditional engineers ‘cooperate’. They complete their work in silos, working to achieve their own goals, as part of a common goal.
We approach projects through ‘collaboration’. Our team works toward a single shared goal, of solving problems and creating value-added solutions.
Visit our office and you’ll witness the difference — we share ideas, challenge each other’s thinking, and always share in laughter.
Live AutoCAD Sessions
Several long term clients agree that our collaborative Live AutoCAD sessions, particularly as part of an overall Master Facility Plan, have made a key difference in both lowering investment costs and allowing projects to launch in the shortest time possible.
These sessions are part of our secret recipe to save you time, money, and effort when planning your design. We collaborate with you to cut down on the review process, allow for immediate deliberation and evaluation, and help to identify both design constraints and opportunities for cost savings.
We can review several options for process flow and building design all in one day, saving all kinds of time, money, and effort.
Need More Information?
Contact us for more information about our approach to engineering in the food and beverage industry.